This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.s-s-s.biz you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
1. The Data Protection Principles
Sandy’s Salt and Softeners (SSS) will ensure that personal data will be:
- Processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed for other purposes incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which data is processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed.
- Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security of the personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
You have the right to:
- access information (also known as a Subject Access Request)
- have inaccuracies corrected
- have information erased
- restrict processing
- data portability
- intervention in respect of automated decision making
- Withdraw consent (see section 3)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (See section 4)
- To exercise any of these rights please contact the DPO
3. Withdrawal of Consent
The lawful basis upon which SSS processes personal data is that it is necessary in order to perform tasks carried out in relation to the day to day running of our business.
SSS processes personal data solely on the basis that you have consented to the processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
4. Complaints to ICO
If you are unhappy with the way your request has been handled, you may wish to ask for a review of our decision by contacting the DPO.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted our internal review procedure. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,
5. Personal Information That This Website Collects and Why We Collect It
SSS collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
a. Site visitation tracking
Our website uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor (see section 9 below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
b. Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link like this one, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 9. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us using the PHP mail function.
c. Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third-party data processor (see section 9 below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within SSS’s website’s own database but may be stored within our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic (approximately three times a year) newsletter-style emails from us.
6. How We Store Your Personal Information
If you place an online order with us on this website some personal information will be stored within this website’s database. This is currently the only occasion where personal data will be stored on this website. This data is currently stored in an identifiable fashion; a limitation of the content management system that this website is built on (WordPress)
7. About This Website’s Server
This website is hosted by HeartInternet within a UK data centre located in Leeds. All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
8. How we use Customer Information
We collect and hold personal information relating to our customers. We use this personal data to:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
This information will include contact and equipment details.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SSS or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SSS, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not give information about our customers to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. If you want to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact the Data Protection Officer, (see section 12).
9. Our Third-Party Data Processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the GDPR legislation or EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third-party data processors to all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller of this website is: Sandy’s Salt & Softeners
Whose registered office is:
24 Elmwood Avenue,
And whose operating office is:
Unit 2B, Littlehampton Marina
12. Data Protection Officer
Mrs. Sandra Osman
Director, Sandy’s Salt & Softeners
Telephone: 01243 860808
a. Change log